Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Product Spotlight: Tiny Heinie Diaper Area Wash

I know that it is a mouthful, but is for tiny heinies and it isn't a diaper wash, it is for the diaper area!

The story behind this one is pretty simple. A friend of mine was using cloth diapers and she wanted to use cloth wipes as well. Most places tell you to wet the rag or fill a spray bottle with water and wipe clean. However, it really isn't that simple for everyone. First, water doesn't really clean a poopy area. Second, sometimes that poop is super poop and just will not come off! So, she asked me if I had any ideas and this is what I came up with.

I used a blend of water, aloe, witch hazel, and grapeseed oil to clean, condition, and help that sticky poop slide off. I chose to use grapeseed oil because it is light, high in antioxidants, non-irritating, and great for removing mascara (which means that even super poop shouldn't stand a chance!). Aloe is wonderful and so gentle for skin. It is anti-inflammatory, helps soothe and heal irritations and rashes, and can act as a barrier for the skin. Why wouldn't you use that on a tiny heinie? A little bit of witch hazel was added to help control diaper rashes
(btw, it is also good for razor burn).

Then, I added lavender, tea tree, and roman chamomile essential oils. Lavender and chamomile soothe and calm the skin by reducing irritation and inflammation. Tea tree oil in anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, so it helps keep the area clean and icky free.

I started using this with Hayden and I love it! It is easy to use while holding on to a squirming child and it is gentle and mild for that very tender area.

Find it at my Etsy shop! Visit my website for more great Honu products.

If you have tried this out, please let me know what you thought!