Monday, June 25, 2012

Declutter Challenge: Week 24

The decluttering continues! I won't lie to you, it is slowing down a little, but not for the reasons you might think. I have not run out of things to get rid of. I am simply getting to a point where I am putting stuff out in the garage for another garage sale or I am trying to sell it online.

I have several textbooks listed on Amazon. I have a few things on Craigslist and I am getting pictures of things taken to put them on Ebay. So, I am keeping busy and looking for things to declutter, but it is slow going.

Last week, I finally cleaned up the craft area. It really was a mess. It had become an area where we piled things high and ignored them However, I finally got to it. First, I went through my box of cards. I have a habit of saving every card that has ever been given to me, but that means a lot of cards! So, I went through the box and kept the ones that were really important to me. The rest went to be recycled. I remember the people that gave them to me, I don't have to keep the cards. Then, I went through my supply of fabric! I actually got rid of scraps and bits and ugly pieces. That was hard for me to part with, but I did it. I'm not going to use it! So, I have reduced it from a stack, a drawer, and a large tote down to just the tote. If it didn't fit, it didn't stay. I also got all of my projects on my project shelf and if it is a project I lost interest in, I got rid of it. I still need to go through my thread and sewing boxes, but for now everything is on the shelf, in a set of drawers, or otherwise in its place. So, I am happy with it.

I didn't get any pictures because I didn't think about doing a before picture, so my after picture just wouldn't have much of an impact. Oh well.

What have you decluttered recently?