Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Most Successful Small Business In The World

One of my goals last year was to read some small business books to help my business grow. I didn't do it. Why not? Because I made excuses and let the small, everyday things become my routine. In some ways, I was happy to spend time on those small things. Every small moment I have with my family is precious and we spend those moments growing as a family. In others, I didn't focus on my business and I didn't let it grow; I got caught up in my routine.

I am currently reading this (see title) book by Michael E. Gerber. The only reason I chose it was because it was at the library. I picked up several small business books. The only reason I chose to read this one first is because one smells strongly of cigarettes and the other is too big to read while in bed. I read the foreword and was intrigued. I read the introduction and got excited. I have read the first chapter and it really made me think about my business and how I run it (or it runs me).

This book introduces "The Ten Principles" for successful businesses. He also discusses why most small businesses are never anything but small businesses and most don't succeed. I was so excited by the first chapter, that I pulled out my notebook and started writing what that means for me. As I go through the book, I would like to share my thoughts and how this will change me or change the way I think about Honu Naturals.

Is anyone interested in joining me?