Monday, January 16, 2012

Declutter Challenge

I have taken on the "Declutter Challenge." I am going to get rid of the clutter in this house! I don't care what it takes...ok, we won't go that far, but I'm cleaning up.

Like most people, I have more stuff than I need. I am not a hoarder. I am also not in denial about not being a hoarder. I am simply a person who has a lot of stuff. Some of it was given to me and has sentimental value. Some of it was passed down to me and has sentimental value. Some of it is stuff I bought for a project that has not been completed. Some of it is baby stuff that needs to be dealt with. Some if it...well, you get the picture.
Resharing an old office clean-up.

See, I do know how to declutter!



I truly have the best intentions when it comes to cleaning up. I am going to go through this stuff and get rid of stuff I don't need. I am going to go through that stuff and get rid of stuff I don't need. I am going to...No, really I am. Eventually.

Like I said, I'm not a hoarder. I just never quite find the time to go through stuff. I did put a box in the corner and when I find something that I want to get rid of, it goes in the box. No, it does not come back out after I rethink putting it in there. The box is just a place I can put stuff without having to "go through" stuff. When the box is full, I take it to be donated. Not everything I want to get rid of goes in the box. If I can sell it in a garage sell or online, I will try that first. This is mostly stuff like my old skillet because I got a new one for Christmas. Stuff I keep meaning to get rid of and never remember to.

I am also selecting one thing a week to get rid of. One thing may not seem like a lot, but in a year that is 52 things that I got rid of! My items are not things like that skillet that I am happy to be rid of. I am choosing things that I have held on to for different reasons, but now it is time to let go.

I will share my decluttering with you each week. Would you like to decluttler with me? It won't be easy, but I will make this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment