Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Feeling Good

These past few weeks have been more than a little stressful and yesterday was just not good for my ego, but I woke up today feeling much better. I really don't know why, but I do feel good. I think I look better than I did yesterday too, but maybe that just goes along with attitude.

It makes me wonder what the difference is. Why do I feel so much better than I did yesterday? Well, I don't know for sure. I think part of it is that I'm officially done with the school that replace me (killer on the ego), I turned in all of my paperwork, keys, and computer. So, for better or worse, I'm moving on from there. However, I don't think that's all of it.

Here are some other differences that really got my attention:
  1. Water-I slacked the past few days and didn't get enough. Last night I realized just how thirsty I felt and start guzzling. I started again when I woke up. I know this isn't the miracle cure, but I do know it helps and it doesn't take long to rehydrate.
  2. Exercise-Slacking here (again), but I woke up this morning and took my dog on a walk around the neighborhood. It really is a challenge, there are some serious hills in this area. It was a great way to start the day, I felt refreshed and ready to go.
  3. Sun-I was working hard on the computer yesterday and making lots of depressing phone calls, so I was inside all day, I didn't even realize how long I'd been working until it was suddenly not as bright in the office. This morning I started off with my walk in the early morning sunshine and then I ate my breakfast on the back porch in the sun. It just felt good!
  4. Attitude-I've heard that how we feel is 90% attitude (I've also heard that 56% of all statistics are made up on the spot :) and I think this is true. I went to bed feeling better about things than I have and I woke up still feeling that. Yes, things are tough and they are going to be tough, but everything will work out. Somehow. I guess all I had to do was flip my thinking!
I hope that you feel better today too. Just remember its the little things that make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment