Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Shea Butter

Shea butter is a rich, creamy, and leaves your skin ultra soft! I love shea and I use it A LOT in my products and just for myself. It has a texture that is similar to butter, but melts on contact with your skin. It also absorbs quickly, so your skin is soft, but not greasy. Shea butter is good for most skin types and safe for babies, although people with an allergy to latex should avoid shea.  These reasons are really good enough for me to keep a very healthy supply on hand, but there are other benefits. For example, shea butter can help soothe sunburns, soothe eczema and psoriasis, help heal damaged skin, and increase skin's elasticity. Really, I could on for a while, but I think that hits the high points.

Keeping all of these benefits in mind, its no wonder that shea butter is used in a variety of goodies for your skin. Look for shea butter in:
  • Lip balms
  • Belly butters
  • Body balms
  • Lotions
  • Shea whips
  • Hair conditioners
  • Bar soaps!
Can you believe just how versatile this vegetable butter is? One of the major bonuses is that it is produced using just water!  Honu Naturals, LLC  has several products containing shea butter and we get our shea butter from Fair Trade companies. Look for our Naked Shea Soap, Pedi-Cure Foot Balm, Vanilla Mint Lotion, and our Belly Butter. Try anyone of these and I promise, you won't be disappointed.

Is there anything else you'd like to see us offer with shea butter in it?