Monday, June 7, 2010

Liquid Soap!!!

I did it! I finally finished my first round of liquid soap. I made the paste and diluted some of it last week, but I didn't like the way it thickened with salt water. So, I decided to use crothix, which of course I didn't already have (see previous post about my ordering problem:). I placed my order along with my peppermint eo, some coconut oil, and citric acid with Brambleberry because I knew they had the crothix and I LOVE their peppermint.

I didn't realize how hard to was to mix the crothix in, but it made a goo in my soap. I persevered and got everything mixed in and let my soap sit. I love the thickness from my first try, which despite my notes will probably take me 5 times to recreate. I scented it with the sample of Matcha Tea fragrance oil that was included in my order (I love getting samples, which is why there are certain companies I keep going back to).

I was so excited to try it out that I showered before my walk this morning! I tried it as a shampoo first and it works well enough. My hair is clean, but I felt it was a little too drying or maybe my hair just felt too tangled. I used the same amount of conditioner, so obviously it wasn't a huge issue. I think it would work well with short hair. Then, I pour some of my little bath pouf and got to scrubbing. I am in love with this! It lathered nicely, although not excessively since there are no bubbling agents added, and it left my skin feeling soft and smooth. I even forgot to moisturize when I got out of the shower and my skin still feels nice. Not at all dry or tight. Although, I will admit, I had to go rub on some of the belly oil I'm playing around with right now. That skin always seems dry lately.

Now, I am moving onward with my liquid soap making. I'm going to start with some little sample bottles for the upcoming farmer's markets and craft shows. I can't wait to see what other people think!

I plan on making some scents that compliment my lotions, but I am looking for some new ideas. Does anyone have an essential oil scent or blend that they would just LOVE to see?