Thursday, August 6, 2009

Importance of Volunteering

I volunteer for the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region (hsppr.org). I'll admit I don't go very often, I usually stick to fostering animals. By the way, the puppies went back today after recovering from surgery on Monday. I had a bad morning and I've been a little sick, but I decided to go in anyway.

I helped out in the evaluation center where they process incoming animals. I spent the morning kenneling animals for the ladies after they'd received all their shots and exams. It doesn't sound like much and maybe it wasn't, but I know that they are short handed and it allowed them to get things done a little faster. Plus, now I feel a little better because I did something useful today.

The point is that even when we are down, really busy, or whatever our excuses are, its important to slow down every once in a while and do something to help others out. I listened the the radio talk about Random Acts of Kindness and some of those stories were amazing. Go do something for someone else and try to make someone else's day just a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment