Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wrapping Soap Tutorial

Since I am addicted to soap, I just had to share this with you. The original post is by

I was so inspired with my last post, that I decided to make my own wrapped soap in paper tutorial. I can't do fancy things with Adobe photoshop, like merge picture into a collage, but I am really creative. I think you will all love this tread because I recycle paper, and a gift bag that you would normally not find any other uses for.

I took some 12x12 scrapbook paper folded it, and cut it in half.
From Wrapping Soap


I then placed the paper aside, and began to wrap my soap like you would a present in wax paper. I tried wrapping the soap in paper without wax paper and it was impossible. The scrapbook paper could not stay put without the help of the wax paper to adhere to. Also the wax paper protects both the soap, and wrapping paper from being damaged.
From Wrapping Soap


I then place the wax wrapped soap on the scrapbook paper and begin to wrap it like you would a present.
From Wrapping Soap


From Wrapping Soap


Once finished it should look like this.
From Wrapping Soap


Now this is were you get creative. You take a pick of whatever ribbon you have, or go buy some really fancy stuff and begin to wrap it around the soap. I like to use thick ribbon because it hides all the scotch tape, creases and seams.
From Wrapping Soap


Once your done wrapping the ribbon around, secure it with some tape, or glue. Then add a sticker for some added detail.
From Wrapping Soap


Here is another example that I did with a different ribbon.
From Wrapping Soap


Now this was a gift bag, with beautiful ribbon handles that you saw earlier in one of my photos.
From Wrapping Soap


I simply took it a part at the seam, and spread it out like a sheet of paper. I trimmed the excess parts that were already creased because they could not be used. I used the same technique described earlier and wrapped the soap. I also used the handles that were ribbon around the soap, and to finish it off I used one of my sticker labels.
From Wrapping Soap


When you get creative the possibilities are endless. You can make many looks just by changing the paper and ribbon, two things that are very simple to do.
From Wrapping Soap


This one is a little bit cheesy, ha ha ha ha, but still cute.
From Wrapping Soap

No comments:

Post a Comment