Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So Far To Go

Have you ever looked at your list of goals and just thought "I've got so far to go, I will never make it." I sure have. Even with my goals broken down into manageable steps, it is just daunting. I have so much to do and so far to go that sometimes I just want to lay down and quit. Really, that would be so much easier. I would have more time to myself and my projects around the house if I wasn't trying to grow a business and teach full time. I would have less stress. I would have fewer books to keep, and goodness, wouldn't that make life simpler. Oh, the list goes on.

Then, I stop and realize that although it would be easier, but this is my dream. This isn't something that was forced on me, I chose to go forward with this. I absolutely could quit anytime. However, in my heart I do not want to. I love what I do and I want to keep doing it. I want my business to grow. When I really stopped to examine my feelings, it wasn't that it was just too much; I just haven't really taken any time for me. I'm always doing for someone else. I'm grading or lesson planning, I'm cleaning (I do benefit from that), I'm business planning. etc. It was just nonstop. So, Sunday, I took the day completely for me. I did nothing productive. I read my book, I went for a walk, and I took a nap. I woke up Monday feeling good and ready to go.

When was the last time you remembered to stop and take some time for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment