Thursday, November 5, 2009

No More Criticizing

This is something we all do and we are harder on ourselves than we are on others. I don't think there is anything wrong with having higher expectations for ourselves, but there is something wrong with putting ourselves down. You know what I mean, we do something we swore we wouldn't do and then we beat ourselves up over it. I wasn't going to eat that next piece of pumpkin bread, I meant to work out and I can't believe I didn't. Really, the list just goes on. I know I'm not perfect. I need to lose weight, I need to learn to balance everything better, and I need to spend more time with friends and family.

I do work at all of this and sometimes I slip up, I eat things I shouldn't, I don't get things done, and I just don't keep in touch. What do I do when this happens? I beat myself up. I can spend days thinking to myself "YOU ARE SUCH AN IDIOT, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST DO WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO. ITS NOT LIKE ITS THAT HARD!!!!" Wow, that solved...nothing.

FL!P: I Simply ACCEPT
This is what I need to do. I need to accept that I am not perfect and move on. Sure, I still need to work on my problems, but that doesn't mean bringing myself down. Especially since I'm an emotional eater. I need to accept myself for what I am, excess weight and all, and set goals to change what I want to change. I need to accept that mistakes will happen and I will have set backs, but that doesn't make me an idiot or a failure. I need to accept that I can reach my goals and continue to work towards them. I know in my heart I can be successful and now I am accepting that I will be successful and there will be roadblocks for me to overcome.

I will overcome them because I expect good things.

I hope everyone else will do the same for themselves. Accept what is and move on with your life. Don't beat yourself down because of what you didn't do; lift yourself up because of all the great things you have done. Can you go forward and accept more and criticize less? I'm going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment