Thursday, November 12, 2009

National Pizza With The Works Except Anchovies Day

Apparently Nov 12th is a day meant to exclude anchovies from our diet. I really love pizza, I know we shouldn't because it is usually swimming in fat and grease, but YUM! I really don't like lots of veggies on my pizza, mainly because I don't like mushy veggies, so I wouldn't want the works to begin with. BUT, why must we exclude anchovies?! I once got a pizza with anchovies on it by mistake and it was absolutely the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted, but I still don't see why they need to be excluded. There are plenty of people out there that DO like anchovies, I don't know any personally, but they must exist because anchovies are an option. If nobody ever ordered them, they wouldn't be offered! So, I think we need to take a moment to recognize the fact that anchovies are being picked on and that could have a profound impact on the anchovy industry.

If you love pizza and would like to try making your own, here is my favorite recipe for BBQ chicken pizza:
Pizza crust mix (I like Jiffy cause its cheap and easy)
BBQ sauce
Shredded cheese
Chicken (cubed and cooked)
Artichokes (canned hearts)
Spinach (fresh)

Prepare crust as directed. Spread a thin layer of bbq sauce over crust. Sprinkle with cheese (save calories, go easy on the cheesy). Add toppings and bake as directed.

I've also done an alfredo pizza (not at all healthy) and pineapple and canadian bacon. Be creative and have fun with it.

If you have a really good one, let me know, I'm always looking for something new to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment