Friday, July 11, 2014

Time for Change

Change. Change is good right? Well, not always. We have to be honest about that. But change is change and everything changes.

Here is a fact. I have been through a lot of changes in a very short period of time. Some of those change I genuinely believe are for the best and some...well, the jury is still out on those. I have moved, changed jobs, and am still considering other changes in my life. But, there is one change that needs to be made.

I need to lose weight. I'm not yet in the "morbidly obese" category, but past "obese." I honestly feel that the fact that we have different levels of obesity is just sad, but that is not the point. The point is I have to change this. I have two kids that I would like to live a long life with. I have two kids that I want to be able to chase around the yard or the house. They are only 1 and 4, but they grow so fast and I don't want to miss any of it.

I was doing pretty good, but the school year ended and I started packing and getting ready to move. I just stopped doing anything else. There was no exercising or eating right. There was kid time and packing time. I've been fooling myself by saying it isn't that bad. Yeah, my 2X shirts were getting a little tighter than they were. My jeans were snugger. Even my shoes felt a little tight. But really, I hadn't put on that much weight. I wasn't eating that bad, just a little something yummy every now and then. And then again. One or two cokes a day isn't terrible. And eating from the carton is okay because its frozen yogurt, not ice cream!

Moment of truth...I stepped on a scale. Then, I stepped off the scale and reset it to make sure it was working right. Then, I stared blankly at said scale. Time to really look in a mirror and see what the mirror says. Then, tap on the mirror to make sure it is working right as well. This is so not okay.

Here is the thing. I've posted this before (although, not quite this heavy), but I didn't make any changes. I complained. Which got me nowhere.

So, here is what I'm going to try to do. Since I'm not really using my blog for making soap or anything else really. I'm going to use it as a diary of my challenge. It doesn't matter if nobody else reads it. I'm posting it to keep me accountable to myself. At least, that's the idea. Maybe if someone shares the journey with me it will seem less challenging/daunting/miserable.