Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Ouchie!

Today should have been a run day, but it wasn't. My lower back started hurting today. I don't know what happened, but it is not comfortable. I didn't run because I didn't feel the need to make it worse, so I went for two walks today. I took the kiddos for a ride in the wagon and then I went for a walk during my normal run time. I think I go in a little over 2 miles today. I feel good that I at least did something. It would have been easier to just do nothing because I didn't feel good, but I didn't!

As far as my eating is going, it is a little tough to control my carb intake! I haven't analyzed what I was eating, but my guess is that I was even going for the 65% of your calories/day that is the upper limit of what average people should eat. Considering that I'm not average and should be on the lower end of the recommendations, that would explain a lot. I'm researching some lean protein options tonight and plan to go grocery shopping tomorrow.

I'm also thinking of replacing sugar in my morning coffee with stevia. I gave up all artificial sweeteners when I was pregnant because my doctor pointed out that the effects of fetuses hadn't been studied, but considering how much sugar I like in my coffee, I'm thinking this might be a good switch. I thought about giving up coffee, but that doesn't really seem like the best option because I don't need to be grumpy from no coffee on top of everything else. I'm looking at it as the lesser of two evils. Hopefully as I go along and continue to make changes, I can let go of my coffee or sweeten it less, but for now, this is my plan.