Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Making Time

Ok, so I really haven't lost any weight and my measurements haven't changed. But really, I've been working out 3 times a week when I go running. I play with my kids too and we go for walks, but that isn't really going to show any change in my weight. They are all good things, but I need to do more. I've been doing better at meals too. I fill up on veggies, but snacks are my downfall. I'm not even eating "bad" snacks, but they do add up!

One of my excuses has been that I don't have time to exercise during the day with the kids and my parents (remember, I live with them right now) are watching TV at night, so I can't use their TV. I had a brilliant plan though...today I took the kiddos outside to play. They have a water table and a whole backyard to go nuts in and while they were playing I would do a workout video on my phone (small screen, yes, but still better than nothing). Yeah, so that was the plan. And anyone with kids can guess how that worked out. On the plus side, I played with my kids outside. Then it hit me...I could use my computer to do workout videos after the kids are in bed! Ta-Da!!! That is when I usually get my runs in, so it is perfect!

Tonight, I did my first video and I feel nice and sweaty.

This is probably a really good things because I made salted caramel cupcakes for family dinner tonight and they were amazing! I feel okay about eating my cupcake and the sampling I did with baking because they were just too good and they were worth every single calorie and carb I put into my mouth.

Does anyone have any really good workouts videos they like online?