Saturday, July 12, 2014

Lazy Kid Day

Today was actually a really good day. I didn't do a whole lot, but I had lots of fun with my kiddos. We played games and chased each other and laughed really hard. That may not be official exercise, but I'm counting it anyway! I'm a little sore from yesterday's run, so I pulled the kids for a walk in the wagon and we went to the park. I tried to do the monkey bars, but I could only hang there. So, I helped Stoney across instead!

As far as my eating, it was okay. My dad wanted to take us to lunch, so I has a club sandwich and not a cheeseburger or anything fried. I did have a Coke. I've had lots of water today though. Plus, when I was digging through for a snack, I pulled out a banana and not the bag of M&Ms :)

Here is something I have noticed about myself. Stress makes me want to eat. There is plenty of stress to go around right now. Stoney is not happy about the move and is letting me know it. After one of his tantrums today, I found myself looking for something to eat. I settled for a glass of ice water, but it was a close one. I need to find some ways to avoid grabbing unhealthy snacks, but still relieve my stress.

Several years ago I was diagnosed as insulin resistant and I have polycystic ovaries. I didn't think much of it at the time, though my doctor told me I should lose weight. I've started looking into the health problems associated with insulin resistance and decided I needed a bit more research and I really need to change my lifestyle. I found a library book about prediabetes and insulin resistance that I just started reading today. I'm excited and I hope I will find it helpful.

I think my biggest challenge is going to be to stay positive, but change isn't about changing everything at once. Little changes will add up!