Monday, April 30, 2012

Declutter Challenge: Week 16

I am counting two things this week. The only reason I'm doing this is because I don't think that either should count as a full item.

First, I am counting the couch and water cooler that I listed of craig's list. Since they haven't sold, I don't think I can really count them, but I'm going to put it down as partially out. Really, listing it is a big step for me because I've been meaning to do it for a while. The water cooler takes up a lot of space and we are very limited on our counter space. So, I'm getting rid of things that we don't use as much or don't really need. Our water tastes fine, so it can go. The couch is so incredibly comfy, but it is too big to get downstairs. We had some friends come over to help us and it just wasn't happening. I love the couch so much, I really wish we had room to store it, but that would not be a very decluttering attitude!

It is so big it won't fit downstairs :(
Next, I am getting rid of our old aquarium stand. I was using it as a little corner table that had some plants on it. I cut a piece of wood to go on top and threw together a little cover for it, but I'm not moving it downstairs because Hayden wants to play with it. I don't want to keep it upstairs because it really just takes up space. I have places to put the plants now that the downstairs is a usable space. So, when a friend mentioned that she would need one for her aquarium, I offered it. I'm not counting it as a complete item because it wasn't something I was planning on getting rid of. I just kind of took advantage of a situation :)
You can see why it had to be covered. Not pretty!
Well, that is it for me this week. Cross your fingers that the couch sells soon! We need to get it out of here so we can finish putting the office together...

What was the last thing you got rid of?