Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pumpkin Soap

Yesterday, I made another batch of my wonderful Pumpkin Spice Soap. It is made with real pumpkin puree (of course), pumpkin pie spice, a little ginger, and then scented with cinnamon, clove, ginger, and orange essential oils. Many people ask why I would put orange in there and my only real answer is because I wanted to and because pumpkins are orange. Besides, everyone I've talked to said it was the perfect addition because with all the spiciness the hint of orange just made it perfect!

This is a milk soap and I love milk soaps. Although to be honest the first time I made my lye mixture, it was quite a disgusting disaster, but the next was fine. I also add hemp oil to this soap. I love the way hemp oil feels period and in a soap is no different. Hemp soaps are so smooth and just amazing to use, that I can't help but lather a couple of times with this one.

The Pumpkin Spice Soap is by far one of my favorites. I originally made it as a limited edition, but I wanted it so much that I made more! There is just something about cinnamon, clove, and orange that I can't resist. What are some of your favorite scent combinations?

No comments:

Post a Comment