Monday, March 22, 2010

Down for the Count

Before I begin, let me say that I don't have any major medical problems and I know there are people who do. They have horrible times that knock them out for weeks. So, I know that I really shouldn't complain. I'm in good health, I don't have and regular meds I have to take.

HOWEVER, last week was pretty awful. I started feeling a little stuffy and had a scratchy throat on sunday. Monday, I was a little bit more stuffy and sneezy. The problem is, there are very few things I know for sure I can take because I'm pregnant and whether its stupid or not, you can really turn into a freak reading ingredients before taking anything. So, on Tuesday I bought some Claritin thinking it was allergies. Didn't help. Wednesday, I bought Tylenol Cold, my eyes kept watering so bad and I was so stuffy, my students kept asking if I was crying. Thursday, took the Claritin again and felt ok, at least no tears. By Friday, I was pretty much better.

I'm still a little stuffy, but I prefer not to medicate if I don't have to. I think it was probably allergies, but I felt horrible. I've never had allergy problems like that! So, my week pretty much consisted of: go to school and make it through the day, come home drink lots of OJ, sleep, wake up to eat, sleep some more. I guess all that matters is that I feel better, but I feel behind. I didn't make anything because I didn't want to chance sneezing or sniffling around lip balms or lotions. Uh, can you say YUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment