Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Two Must Have Cleaners

If there are any two cleaners that every house has to have it would be vinegar and baking soda. Besides being much cheaper than your average household cleaners, they are also green (and work better in my opinion).

I use vinegar for just about everything. I have a spray bottle with vinegar, some water and a few drops of orange essential oil for a degreaser and it smells good. I use this to clean my kitchen and bathroom. I also this to clean tile floors. It get dirt and food off without a lot of elbow grease. Any citrus essential oil will make this great of grease, so I use it to clean out my microwave. It's is so amazing, I can clean the entire kitchen in no time flat! Please make sure you only use a few drops of the essential oil, more is not better when it comes to essential oils. I also use vinegar in the laundry in place of fabric softener. It gets the soap residue out and leaves my laundry soft and its scent free so its perfect for sensitive skin. Don't worry, your laundry will not smell like vinegar when dry.

I also love baking soda for everything else. I use a baking soda and water paste to scrub tubs, toilets, showers, and even the litter box. It removes soap scum, hard water build up, and that icky smell that can linger in litter boxes (or toilets). I also use baking soda in my laundry to get it brighter and cleaner. Before vacuuming sprinkle a little baking soda down to absorb any smells, or sprinkle it in your trash cans to help control the smells.

The list of things you can do with baking soda and vinegar is just about endless! These are so cheap to buy and the do not contain any questionable additives that we need to worry about around pets and children.

I found another blog that has a long list of ideas. Check it out at http://homemadebathproducts.blogspot.com/2009/07/homemade-green-cleaning-recipes.html and have fun experimenting. You will not be disappointed in the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment