Friday, July 17, 2009

Foster Puppies

I volunteer for the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region (hsppr.org) as a foster parent. I've also volunteered in their evaluation center and I have to say that those ladies in there are awesome. They are so dedicated and work so hard, I don't really know how they do it sometimes. Anyway, back to my point. I'm a foster parent and I love it. I had a puppy mill mama dog, Gidget, who had her three puppies with us. I was so attached to those guys, it really hurt to give them back. We then had 5 kittens that were such a handful! I wasn't too upset to send them back because my cat did not appreciate the company :)

The other day I got 3 more puppies. They are border collie mix puppies. I didn't get the whole story about where mom is, but they are 5 weeks old and so very cute. I'd almost forgot how much fun potty training is. We have a couple of piddle accidents, but I don't think that's too bad. Its also very cute to watch them try and navigate the stairs from the deck. We've haven't tried going down them yet, but all three can make it up without tumbling down. I think the hardest part right now is thinking of names for them. I'm starting to run out of names for all my fosters. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment