Monday, March 19, 2012

Declutter Challenge: Week 10

I don't have anything major this week. It was a long week (last week). The quarter ended at school and I'm still trying to finish the grading. We are to the painting phase on the downstairs. AND, I just can't resist playing with Hayden because his laugh makes the world better.

I still managed to find things to get rid of though! The laundry room has become a storage area. I don't even notice some of the things in there anymore. Well, we needed that area to move furniture and stuff while we painted the big downstairs "great" room. While moving things into the room, I realized that there are a few things that could be moved to a better home or simply moved out of this house.



First, the cat carrier and the litter locker (it is truly amazing and useful, if you have a cat) had to go because we no longer have a cat. Our old cat had kidney problems and was put down last fall. We keep talking about getting another cat, but it isn't going to happen anytime soon. We have enough to do. Second, the (empty) plastic file box was removed because it is empty. Yes, at some point I may have enough paperwork or files that I would need additional filing. If that is the case, I will get a bigger filing cabinet or something else that would be useful. That one was useful, but I've outgrown it. Third, random odds and ends were sent to find a new home because I don't need them.

I have also started grouping things together to organize them into storage boxes or bins. For example, my few things that I like to have when I hike are all in a bin together. I also went through and gathered up all of the pet supplies and put them into a bin in the hall closet.

As we rearrange the house and move stuff around, I'm finding more and more possibilities. For example, I think it is time to clean out my movie collection and my book collection. However, that is for another week. For now, my challenge is complete.