Saturday, February 4, 2012

Declutter Challenge: Week 4

I was having a tough time trying to decide what I wanted to do this week. I looked around and kept having the same problem. I just don't have the time (or desire) to go through a lot of stuff right now. Plus, being me, if I'm going to get rid of one item, I want it to be big enough to notice.

Today, while putting Hayden's clothes away, it hit me! The two stacks of puzzles sitting in the top of his closet.
I love doing puzzles and I will do the same puzzle over and over again. However, I have enough on my plate. I don't have the time or space for a puzzle. I haven't used a puzzle to relax since before Hayden was born. So, I decided to let them go. It is hard because I have had some of them since high school and they were gifts from my mom. But (again), I don't need to save something to remember her. Especially not a puzzle. So, I pulled all the puzzles out of the closet. I have taped them closed and will be headed to donate them later today.

So, one more thing(s) gone. There is more space in the top of his closet (talk about a cluttered mess!) that I don't feel the need to fill with anything. Bonus, I found some random wipe container that I apparently saved and got rid of that too :)

When Hayden is older, I will get puzzles again because it will be something fun we can do as a family. But for now, they are gone!

What is your one thing for the week?