Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spring Cleaning-Several Weeks

You may remember that I started my Spring Cleaning a little early. I found a list on Pinterest for the 21 Day Organization Challenge (read about it here). I tweaked my list a bit to make it fit my needs. I was doing pretty well getting through it and blogging about it. But, as you know, many things got in the way of the blogging. However, I did continue to get cleaning done.

Now, I can't go through my list with you because I apparently decided that it needed to be recycled. I remember doing it, but I can't remember my reasoning at all. I blame the sleep deprivation that comes with newborns.

However, I can use the list off Pinterest and give you an update.
  1. Medicine cabinet-done!
  2. Coat closet-don't have one, but did the hall closet instead,
  3. Under the beds-I actually don't store stuff there.
  4. Laundry room-done when we had that little flooding issue.
  5. Handbag-I have a very small one, so I clean it out constantly. I also cleaned out the diaper bag and backpack I use for zoo outings.
  6. Under sinks-bathrooms, yes; kitchen, still on the to-do list.
  7. Fridge/freezer-actually got a new (used) fridge at a garage sale. Is that cheating?
  8. Kitchen cabinets-done!
  9. Make-up case-again, it is a small one, so it gets cleaned out regularly too.
  10. Bedroom closets-with all the rearranging for the new baby, definitely!
  11. Garage-not even close; will do garage sale soon :)
  12. Craft supplies-no; to be honest, the area looks ok, so I'm not worried about it.
  13. Soap room-YES! It looks so nice and is easy to work in again!
  14. Backyard-yes and no; I need to clean up doggie mess, but it is clean.
  15. Bedroom dressers-again, with all the rearranging of dressers for the baby, yes it got done.
  16. Jewelry Box-done when I made my jewelry rack (check it out here).
  17. Living Room-done when the laundry room was cleaned because of flooding.
  18. Office-yes and no; I have organized everything into groups and know what needs to be done with everything, I just haven't gotten everything put away.
  19. Car-All the trash and extra things that don't belong have been removed. However, it hasn't been vacuumed and cleaned. I was waiting for the snow to stop before taking it to the car wash.
  20. Playroom-done; I made my toddler help me clean this area out.
  21. Enjoy an organized house!
Whew, I know I keep saying that I haven't gotten much done, but now that I look at it, that doesn't seem to be true :)

How do you go about Spring Cleaning?