Monday, October 19, 2009

Vista Grand Show

I had an awesome show on Saturday!!! Some people were complaining that it was slow and maybe the sales weren't super high, but I got to really talk up my products and chat with the amazing crafters around me. Plus, I traded some Honu products for a little glass turtle pendant. I'm going to make a black hemp chain for it. But, what I'm most excited about...I booked my first home show. We are going to do a Pedi-Cure party! I'm so very happy to have another portion of my business getting started.

My BooBees soap and lip balms were a hit! I had so many compliments on how good the soap smelled and how great it is that I'm doing something like that. All I have to say is that we all know someone that has been affected by breast cancer and we all have the power to do something. I did not end up putting up my Feel Your Boobies sign, it was at a church after all.

There were so many great crafters and I got the chance to talk to lots of them. I think next time I will take my camera to take pictures and put them up here. I have to tell you, there was some great stuff. There was also a very nice older gentleman who was giving away little wooden crosses and things like that for FREE. He said he just wanted to share the Lord with everyone that was interested. How wonderful is that!

1 comment:

  1. On the subject of breast cancer awareness and, specifically, feeling your boobies, I'd love you to check out this 30 sec video -- http://www.ahamoment.com/vote/leigh -- about the "aha moment" of the woman who started the Feel Your Boobies t-shirt company. If you like it, vote for it with a simple click, as the top vote-getters in this final round of the contest will be used as aha moment TV commercials next year. And more exposure and awareness would be a good thing.

    In fact, I'd appreciate it if you'd consider doing a blog post about the video/contest. That would really help get the word out.

    Last thing -- voting ends Oct 31.

    Thanks very much,
    jack@ahamoment.com

    ReplyDelete