Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Remember Bonfire

I am an Aggie. I'm proud to be an Aggie and I already know all the jokes. I love Aggieland. There is something about that campus that is simply beautiful. It will always be in my heart. Maybe it was going to Silver Taps to honor students that had died. Maybe it was Muster that honored all Aggies that die during the year. I spent 4 years in the Corps of Cadets, so maybe it was the oldest and best tradition. I will tell you that few people ever love their school as much as Aggies love Texas A&M. There are truly no strangers amongst Aggies.

On November 18, 1999 tragedy struck my beloved school. Bonfire fell during the early morning hours of push, which is round the clock stack (building) and it took 12 of my fellow Aggies with it. You cannot imagine the atmosphere of the ENTIRE campus that day. I do not believe that any other school could have pulled together the way we did. The support and love shown was beyond amazing and it made me that much more proud to call myself an Aggie.

This year is the 10th anniversary of that tragedy and across the world Aggies will remember what happened to their Aggie family. Please take a moment to remember those we lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment