Sunday, May 22, 2011

After Bath Oil

Since I've moved to Colorado I have had extremely dry skin. Sometimes lotion just isn't enough and I need to use something more. My solution was to create an after bath oil that I could apply to moist skin and last all day.

Recipe:
  • 2 parts olive oil
  • 1 part grapeseed oil
  • 1 part jojoba oil
  • 10 drops peppermint eo
  • 10 drops rosemary eo
I mixed it all together in a bottle with a pump. I use peppermint and rosemary because I can always use a good pick-me-up in the morning, but any would work. I rub this on right after the shower before I dry off. It helps keep the moisture in and I don't feel greasy.

I chose olive oil because it is simply amazing for the skin and you can read about some of its benefits here. Grapeseed oil is lightweight and provides your skin with vitamin e. It is also thought to help repair delicate eye tissue and supporting blood vessel strength. I used jojoba oil because it is similar to human sebum and balancing for the skin. Jojoba is also very stable and doesn't go rancid like many other oils.

I have recently read about an oil cleansing method using oils. I think I might give it a try to see if I like it. I'll let you know what I think.

What kind of fragrance would you want in an after bath oil?