Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mud Soap

I loved my test batch of Dead Sea Mud Soap so much that I made a bigger batch! It makes a wonderful face soap. I've been using it and my skin feels wonderful. I have even tested it on friends with very dry and acne prone skin and it cleans well without drying the skin out.

I used Dead Sea Mud (obviously) and mineral sea salt in the test batch. The only complaint was that it smelled like mud (wonder why), so this time I added a little rosemary, peppermint, and tea tree essential oils to cover the smell but still be good for skin.
Separated soap!

I was also going to be creative and make it a layered soap. So, I separated out about a third of the soap and left the mud out, but added a little extra salt. I should have considered that the mud portion would be more dense, but I didn't. So, the mud part tried to sink and the lighter layer tried to rise. It will obviously not be perfect layers, but I didn't mix the layers, so it should still be interesting.

Lighter layer on bottom.
You can see the lighter layer that didn't stay on bottom.



 What do you think? Pretty cool, huh?

Connected by MOTOBLUR™