Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Day Feelings

Are you one of those people that gets so sick of hearing about Valentine's Day? It is such a big deal! You have to get cards for the kids to take to school (I haven't yet, but its coming) and if you are a teacher...oh, I don't even want to go there. Should you give your sweetheart flowers or is that overdone? Plus, the poor single people, don't they just feel so left out?!? Well...

I'm actually not one of those people. I enjoy Valentine's Day and I always have. Even during my single days! I never looked at it as a time to celebrate the ONE person I loved (or didn't if I was single); instead, it is a time to celebrate love in general. I don't think we can ever have enough love; after all, it is the greatest gift. Enjoy those people in your life that you love. Take an extra moment to tell them that you love them. You can never say it too much!

We like to make a special dinner (I'm hoping for lasagna), turn off all the appliances, light some candles, and just spend the night relaxing and enjoying life. This year, we'll share that with our new little man and that makes me incredibly happy.


Do you have something that you like to do on Valentine's Day for those that you love?