Friday, December 3, 2010

New Job!

I'm so excited, I started a new job this week. I am teaching 7th and 8th grade science. I've never taught middle school before, but so far, I really like it. I have some pretty awesome kids. I have more than a couple over-achievers, which I haven't had many of before. I've had kids who thought they should get all A's from me, but not many that were willing to go that extra step to actually earn it. I also enjoy the fact that they are (for the most part) kind to each other and are willing to help each other out.

I know I will run into some issues and that there will be days when I just do not enjoy my job, but for now, all seems well.

Plus...I'm no longer unemployed, which is a big load off my back :) I truly hope to keep this job for next year. I don't like changing jobs and after the way I lost my last job, I have a pretty bruised ego. I know I would get by, but I'd like to know that someone else thinks I'm as good of a teacher as I think I am.