Monday, August 9, 2010

Vacation!

I decided that I needed to take a vacation and while I wasn't gone the whole time, I still took the time for myself. It was much needed for certain. I have been so worried about finding a job (which I haven't), getting everything ready for the baby's arrival (which I did), and trying to work on new stuff for my business that I decided I needed a break. Too much stress and worry is just not good for us!

I started my own vacation when I left for Lubbock to see my family and I just ended it yesterday. For the most part I avoided the computer and all of the things that I feel I just HAVE to get done on it. I did the things I wanted and needed to get done and I took the chance to play with new products and new recipes. I'm still working out the kinks on my liquid soap, which I'm having a good time doing, despite the many accidents I've had. I have finished my first Lil Honu products, I have a powder, balm, and lotion ready to go. I'm hoping to get a massage/bath oil and soap done soon. I have for the most part finished the nursery. There are a few things I'd like to get, mainly shelves, but the critical part is done. I hope to get some pictures up soon because it is SO cute, but that is one last thing to worry about.

As far as a job goes, I have decided that if I can't find a job teaching, which is looking very unlikely at this point, I am not going to worry about it until after I give birth and am recovered and cleared to work. At that point, I can either sub or look for a job anywhere I can find one. It may not be the ideal solution, but I can't let the stress of not having a job continue to eat at me. One way or another, everything will be ok.

Now, with all of those (and a few others I kept to myself) issues behind me, I'm back from vacation and ready to continue working on my business, which includes my blog and my facebook. Not to mention, I've got a few ideas for some upcoming holidays and events!