Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Perfect Microwave Cleaner

The microwave at school was disgusting!!! I'm sure you understand. Everyone uses it and nobody is responsible for cleaning it. Plus, its a school, so we only have 25 minutes for lunch anyway. Well, I just couldn't take it anymore.

I've worked there since September and the same crusty substance has been on the bottom since then. Bowls stick to it. Quite disgusting really. So, I went up to the science store room, dug up some vinegar and a squirt bottle. I used a little vinegar and diluted it with water. I found a rag that I hope nobody misses and I went back down to the office. I squirt with my mixture and set myself to scrub.

Now, my microwave has never been that gross, so I really wasn't expecting it to be so easy. There was really no elbow grease required. I squirted and let it sit for a moment and then wiped. Most everything wiped off fairly easily. The crusty substance did require a bit more effort. So this is my conclusion, if this simple mixture works that well on a nasty school microwave, it will pretty much clean itself in your microwave. Unless, your microwave is that bad and I won't even judge you for that.

So, save yourself some money, time, and nasty smelling cleaners. Vinegar and water really does do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment