Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Whipped Body Butter

I made a new whipped body butter and it was amazing! I love the whipped texture and it just goes on so smooth. The tapioca starch is important because it helps to prevent the greasy feel you would otherwise get. I know the picture isn't great, but I had to use my camera phone because my other camera died:(

You need (by weight):
1 1/4 oz shea butter
3/4 oz cocoa butter
1/4 oz mango butter
3/4 oz macadamia nut oil
1 tsp tapioca starch

  1. Put all ingredients in a double boiler over low heat to SLOWLY melt ingredients.
  2. Once melted let it heat lightly for about 20 minutes. It is important to let the butters melt slowly and keep heating after they melt. This helps prevent a gritty feel.
  3. Remove from heat and let cool at room temperature. This may take a while, just be patient. Add any fragrance or essential oils at this point, I left mine unscented because I love the natural fragrance of the butters.
  4. Once a film starts to form on the surface, use a mixer to whip your mixture. I use a low to medium setting. Keep whipping until it looks light and has a whip cream texture.
  5. Once it is light a fluffy, put in a container of your choice. Clean and sterilized baby food jars are wonderful for homemade goodies that you plan to keep or give to a friend for a gift.
You can adjust this depending on the consistency you want. I like it to be a little softer, so I used less cocoa butter (which will make your butter pretty hard) and added extra oil. Play around with recipes until you get what you really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment