Thursday, June 6, 2013

Shaving Cream Fun

I have to say that I love the Dollar Store. I know some people that just don't see what you could get for a dollar that is worth anything. I do see their point. You get what you pay for. So, $1 for a pair of scissors means they probably won't last long. However, if you are taking them to a classroom where it is likely your students will walk off with them, it is okay with me.

I went to the store down the road to get some fun things for Hayden for the summer. He is in love with the scissors I got him. He can sit there for half an hour cutting, tearing, and basically shredding anything I give him. I also bought him some new colors and a letter coloring book, so we can work on his letters. I also got a great idea from Growing a Jeweled Rose using shaving cream. So, I snagged a couple of cans.

I thought about doing the slide idea, but thought for the first time, I would just let him play in it. So, I emptied the can of shaving cream into his water table and let him go nuts! Yeah right! He put his hand in and immediately wanted me to wash it off. I tried showing him that he could squeeze it and make designs, but he wasn't having any of it. It wasn't until he discovered that shaving cream would splat and fly every where that he got into it. He's a bit of a boy :)

So, we spent about an hour on the back porch clapping, high fiving, and splatting shaving cream. He giggled, squealed, and screamed his delight. In the end, we had an incredible mess on the back porch and a little boy that was covered in shaving cream. But, we also had a great time.

We actually weren't done here, but I thought it was a good time for pictures.
So, the scissors may not last long and technically that $1 can of shaving cream only lasted about an hour; however, I think the hour of pure delight and joy that we had was well worth it.